Sunday, December 13, 2009

Could you look the Dalai Llama in the eye and tell him he's going to hell?

I've never spoke with the man, but I'm sure he doesn't think Jesus is his Lord and Saviour, which seems to me, that means he's going to hell. Despite his tireless efforts to free an oppressed nation (Tibet), could you still look this wonderful human in the eyes and tell him he's going to hell?Could you look the Dalai Llama in the eye and tell him he's going to hell?
No, because he isn't going to hell. There is no such thing.Could you look the Dalai Llama in the eye and tell him he's going to hell?
Good deeds without salvation is like filthy rags to the Lord. Besides although one who is not saved does have an eternal destination. Jesus didn't walk up to people and say Hey, by the way, you are going to hell unless you convert right now sinner. He didn't do it and neither should we as Christians. He used the law to show people their evil hearts. So, I would just share the gospel and let God do the rest. Am I suppose to worship a man who did a good deed or the creator who made him in the first place? Why would I be afraid to talk to a mere man no matter what his accomplishments are? I still would not desire for him to live an eternity without God. So although I would not say, Hey sinner you are going to hell, I would share the gift Jesus has made available to him and everyone and why he died for us.
I'll bet there are those who would... I would not be one of them.
No Human Being has the right to tell another human being, no matter who that person is, that they are going to hell or heaven.





Buddhists do believe in hell also, and heaven as well. But they are not places which are eternal.


The Dalai Lama may believe he is going to heaven/hell, once his Karma has run out, his temporary stay in such places will be done. And the 14th Dalai Lama is a Mahayana Buddhist, and Mahayana Buddhism teaches that once a person has reached enlightenment, as a Bodhisattva, he remains on earth with the purpose of helping mankind, and teaching others how to develop Altruism, and how to reach enlightenment. This is a selfless attitude.





It is great to study every relgion with an open mind. It helps us to develop compassion, understanding, and unconditional love toward all people.
Won't have to, God will explain it to him, fully. All our ';righteous'; deeds in the flesh are worthless to God.
he'd have to stand on a chair to look me in the eye.
No, because he's not. There is no hell, and everyone goes to Paradise.
You might enjoy this article by Jim Beverley entitled ';Encountering the Dalai Lama.';





http://www.christianity.ca/faith/apologe鈥?/a>
Of how about Ghandi?





Or most of the founding fathers?
YES.


JESUS IS LORD!
No,for it is not true.if believing in jesus is the way to heaven,then the bible is wrong
no, because im not a mindless fundamentalist christian
I'm on your side. His books are remarkable.
Some people could. But he would not mind. His lesser Buddhists would be saddened by Christian ignorance, butTolerance and respect is the way of the East.
I would NEVER look ANYONE in the eye and tell them they're going to hell. It's not up to me. If I knew him personally I might try to have conversations about things of the spiritual. I would do all I can. But in the end it's all up to him and God because I can't look into a person's soul as God can.


I didn't make the rules. God did.
Tibet is not a country.
Are all Christians convinced that other religions are heathenistic or something? You'd get as far with the Llama as you would with me, I must have been told I'm going to hell about 40 something odd times in just this week alone, and I'm still not there yet.


Kinda like something Ghandi said.... ';I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians';
  • antivirus software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    parasites